Our Lady of the Wayside

Our Lady of the Wayside
Protect Expectant Mothers and Their Babies

Pages

Tuesday 12 October 2010

It's A Baby When I Say It's A Baby




Today I stood outside of Marie Stopes Abortuary in Whitfield Street, where the 40 days for Life is being held. While I was there, a passing pregnant lady stopped to discuss why we were there. She was in favour of the massacre occuring inside the Abortuary up to the 'legal' limit (24 weeks), but felt that it should not be allowed after that.

When asked about her own pregnancy, although she was only a few weeks pregnant, she called her unborn baby a baby.

I found this all such a contradiction. She also could not explain why suddenly at 24 weeks a baby becomes a baby for other people (although not for herself, because her baby was already a baby in her eyes.) It just reminded me of how illogical and unfounded the pro-abortion lobby's argument is. I found it encouraging to remind myself of this.

This lady went away knowing she did not have a compelling argument and maybe when she opens her heart to the truth, the conversation today may come back to her and have an impact on her opinion.

Conor Carroll

1 comment:

  1. It's up to the woman, but very often it's not the unborn baby causing any problem. I had a termination 40 years ago and still suffer awful guilt. I can't bear the thought of what I did. Perhaps they need to bring this to people's attention. God bless you in the work you are doing.

    ReplyDelete

Join Us In Prayer And Fasting